The present study addresses issues of regeneration of land,that was deteriorated during hostilities in the East of Ukraine, taking into account the characteristics and consequences of world military conflicts of the twentieth to twenty-first centuries. The causes of socio-economic and environmental problems in the conduct of hostilities are reflected and the foreign experience of the resumption of disturbed territories is analyzed. Regulatory and legal support for work plays an important role in the regeneration and return of land for use, concerning egeneration of land, certain legislative amendments and additions , application of GIS technologies in assessing the state of the territories and determining the level of damage , use of drones for search and rescue and for expediting clearance in open areas.
Calculation of the cost of demining was proposed in accordance with the chosen methodology of demining, revival vectors of land damaged during hostilities are described. Possible alternative ways of renewing land are given on the example of one of soil conservation. We focused on the results of violated and contaminated territories; sources of financing for recultivation are suggested. Testing of the theoretical-methodologenic approaches used in the study was carried out during the renewal (recultivation) process of the agricultural land of Stepanivska Village Council, Shakhtarsk district, Donetsk oblast, that was deteriorated during hostilities. A set of works (measures) for the restoration of damaged and contaminated land in the area under study has been identified.
A topical issue of the present time is the advisability and promising ways and means of using land contaminated by munitions, with the selection of the most effective foreign and domestic methods of resuming the affected territories.
- Dani derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Data from the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. https://ukrstat.gov.ua.. Accessed on 05.04.2020.
- Denisov M., Averin D., 2017, Otsinka ekolohichnoi shkody ta priorytety vidnovlennia dovkillia na skhodi Ukrainy [Environmental damage assessment and priorities for environmental restoration in eastern Ukraine ]. Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. https://www.osce.org/uk/project-coordinator -in-ukraine/362581. Download = true Accessed on 05.04.2020.
- Fitoremediatsiia. [Phytoremediation]. Wikipedia. .https://ru.qwe.wiki/wiki. Phytoremediation. Accessed on 7.04.2020.
- Hospodarenko H., 2018, Ahrokhimiia. [Agrochemistry]. Learning materials online. (https://pidruchniki.com/76162/agropromislovist/himichna_melioratsiya_gru...).
- Dozy vnesennia vapna. 2019. [Doses of lime] Studopediia. https://studopedia.com.ua/1_ 222698_dozi-vnesennya-vapna.html. Accessed on 03.04.2020.
- Kucheriavy V., Henyk Y., Dyda A., Kolodko M. Rekultyvatsiia ta fitomelioratsiia [Recultivation and phytoreclaiming] 2006. Lviv, 2006. 116 s. (in Ukraine).
- Ievsiukov, T.O., Martyn, A.,Elistratova, L.,Apostolov, A.,Kostyuchenko, Y.V., Yuschenko, M. An investigation of the impact of the military crisis in Ukraine on agricultural production and land resources in crisis territories: Approaches, algorithms, and methods. National University of Life and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Land Management, Kiev, http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-85058508042&partnerID =MN8TOARS. Accessed on 06. 04. 2020.
- Martyniuk V., Zvarych O., 2016, Humanitarne rozminuvannia Donbasu – dovhyi shliakh do bezpeky liudei. [Humanitarian demining of Donbass is a long way to human security]. UNTsPD.http://www.ucipr.org.ua/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91: guman-tarne-rozm-nuvannya-donbasu-dovgiy-shlyah-do-bezpeki lyudey&catid=8&lang =ua&Itemid =201, Accessed on 02.04.2020.
- Ministry of the Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine, 2016. Derzhavna tsilova prohrama vidnovlennia ta rozbudovy myru v skhidnykh rehionakh Ukrainy [State target program for the restoration and development of peace in the eastern regions of Ukraine] MTOT Ukrainy. Kyiv, 26.12.2016.
- Panas R. Rekultyvatsiia zemel [Recultivation of land] (2007) Lviv: Novyi svit, 2007. 224s.
- Prohrama OON iz vidnovlennia ta rozbudovy myru. [United Nations Peacebuilding and Reconstruction Program] (https://www.ua.undp.org/ content/ukraine/uk/home/recovery-and-peacebuilding.html). Accessed on 10.04.2020.
- Radovenchyk V., Homelia M. Tverdi vidkhody: zbir, pererobka, skladuvannia [Solid waste: collection, treatment, storage] K.: Kondor, 2010. 552 s.
- Vapnuvannia zemel. [Liming of soils]. Encyclopedia of modern Ukraine (http://esu.com.ua/search_articles.php?id=33110). Accessed on 02.04.2020.
- Voitsikhovska A., 2015. Doslidzhennia EPL vplyvu viiskovykh dii na dovkillia na skhodi Ukrainy [EPL study of the impact of hostilities on the environment in eastern Ukraine]. Ekolohiia. Pravo. Liudyna, № 23–24 (63–64).
- Voloshyn I., Mezentseve I. 2010. Vmist svyntsiu v gruntakh i roslynakh ta yoho vplyv na poshyrennia nozoklasiv. [Lead content in soils and plants and its influence on the distribution of nosoclasses. (http://old.geography.lnu.edu.ua/Publik/Period/ visn/37/14_Mezenceva.pdf). Accessed on 01.04.2020.