This study aims to show the possibility of using GIS for morphotectonic analysis of the territory that by the use of geomorphic indices helps us in reconstruction the stages of the development of the landforms during a certain period.
On the example of Kremenets Mountains, the created maps of differences of isobase surfaces within the limits of the second, third and fourth orders are analysed. This is one of the methods of morphotectonic analysis. A map of the differences of the isobase surfaces of the second and third orders as well as a map of the differences of the isobase surfaces of the third and fourth orders are a part of created cartographic material. Based on them, two stages of influence of recent tectonic (mainly vertical) movements on this territory have been identified, which together with the processes of denudation and accumulation have formed a general appearance of the Kremenets Mountains.
Within both stages, areas that have been significantly affected by modern tectonic uplifts and lowerings have been identified. The publication also presents several methodological aspects for constructing cartographic material for morphometric analysis.
- Bermes, A.  Morphometric features of the relief of the Kremenets Mountains. Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Geography, 49, 3–12. doi:10.30970/vgg.2015.49.8509
- Bermes, A.  Morphotectonics of the Kremenets Mountains. Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Geography, 50, 34–44. doi:10.30970/vgg.2016.50.8675
- Bermes, A.  Tectonic conditionality of the river network of the Kremenets Mountains. Phys. geography and geomorphology, 1(89), 23–29. doi:10.17721/phgg.2018.1.03
- Bermes, A.  Structural and morphometric analysis of the Kremenets Mountains (part 1). Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Geography, 53, 24–46. doi:10.30970/vgg.2019.53.10654
- Bermes, A., Bogucki, A., and Tomeniuk, O.  Geotouristic potential of the Kremenets Mountains. Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Geography, 52, 27–41. doi:10.30970/vgg.2018.52.10166
- Klapchuk, T. V.  Methodological aspects of the analysis of relief for needs of nature management by means of GIS and remote sensing (for example basin river Bystrica Nadvirnianska). Phys. geography and geomorphology, 4(80/1), 116–121.
- Laskarev, V. D.  General geological map of European Russia. Sheet 17. Trudy Geologicheskogo komiteta. Novaya seria, 77, 710 p.
- Novak, T., and Bermes, A.  Morphotectonics of Myzotska Upland. Visnyk of the Lviv University. Series Geography, 47, 194–201. doi:10.30970/vgg.2014.47.955
- Palienko, V. P., Barschevsky, M. E., Chervanev, I. G., et al.  Morphostructural-neotectonical analysis of Ukraine territory. Kyiv, Naukova dumka.
- Tustanovska, L.  Relief evolution of Kaniv Near-Dniper territory on the base of base level and vertex hypsometry surfaces analysis. Visnyk Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Geology, 54, 11–15.
- Filosofov, V. P.  Fundamentals of a morphometric method for tectonic structure research. University of Saratov Press.